Sunday, October 2, 2011

Breathing Deep


Psalm 36:7 “How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.”

Not too long ago I was having one of those days where I was whining about everything.  My mom would ask something like, “Would you like ketchup with your eggs?”  I would reply with something like, “I’m not very hungry, if I eat it will probably just make my stomach gross.”  Yeah, that bad and it got worse.  I was feeling very alone that day and decided to leave for work early just to have extra drive time to listen to music.  I got in my car and took a deep breath and God in that moment made Himself clear to me.  The weather was beautiful so I breathed deep again, closed my eyes, and smiled letting His love pass over me.  Sometimes we just need to stop in our own pity party and breathe in God’s wonderful presence.  He’s always there to offer it.  Instead of wallowing in anything we can think of to feel sorry for ourselves we should “wallow” like a happy pig in the thick love God has to offer.

Song of Solomon 2:4 “He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love [for love waved as a protecting and comforting banner over my head when I was near him].”

No comments:

Post a Comment