Friday, September 30, 2011

Tasty?


Revelation 3:16 “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.  I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”

In the youth group my parents love to have object lessons to get the kids more involved with what they’re learning.  My mom decided to do a pretty funny activity one night that involved 10 volunteers.  5 of them held a caramel apple while the other 5 raced to see who could eat there’s the quickest.  One girl took a huge bite out of her apple only to find out it was an onion.  She quickly spit it out and was weary ever since then about eating things that were in any activity we had.  Needless to say, if that had happened to me I wouldn’t be so partial to caramel apples anymore.  Are you the onion Christian?  Do you try to make it look like you’re a Christian on the outside while really you’re something completely different on the inside?  God knows your heart, there’s no fooling Him.  You can’t have one foot in the world and one foot in Christ because that’s being lukewarm.  God says when you’re lukewarm He will spit you out of His mouth, just like the girl did with the onion.  Be something that’s pleasing to the Father rather than a letdown.  

Matthew 15:8 “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment