Saturday, October 15, 2011

How Great is Our God


Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

I just completed my first book.  It was a little crazy to see that my name was attached to a book being sent to Barnes and Noble as well as other big stores.  I thought to myself, “Was that really me?”  I looked at my mom and asked, “Can you believe I’ve written that?”  She jokingly scolded me and said I didn’t do anything, God did.  She was right.  We don’t do one single thing, especially when it’s that awesome.  God is only wonderful to allow us to be used in what He is doing.  As we recognize this and allow Him to take hold of our lives, we begin to see extravagant happenings occur.  We are nothing and will remain nothing without our God who is everything.  Step back and remember how insignificant you are in comparison to the vastness of God.  He gives us our significance.  I see many people in our world today who feel worthless.  They want to die or they find things to waste their life on, such as sex, drugs, and partying.  They think they don’t have anything else and that’s the best life is going to get.  With God, life goes beyond what we can fathom, and He gives us our reason for living.

1 Chronicles 29:11-13 “To you, O God, belong the greatness and the might, the glory, the victory, the majesty, the splendor; Yes! Everything in heaven, everything on earth; the kingdom all yours! You've raised yourself high over all.  Riches and glory come from you, you're ruler over all; You hold strength and power in the palm of your hand to build up and strengthen all.  And here we are, O God, our God, giving thanks to you, praising your splendid Name.”

1 comment:

  1. So true. Congrats on the new book, God is so good!

    ReplyDelete