Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Curiosity Killed the Cat

Hebrews 11:1 “The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see.”
I love puzzles.  I like to be challenged to figure something out.  If I can’t figure it out, it drives me insane until I do.  The other day, my friend and I were discussing a funny commercial we had remembered from when we were younger.  We both could remember every word to a song they sang in one of the commercials from the company but could not recall what company it was.  We tried using YouTube and still couldn’t locate a copy of the commercial or the name of the company.  After talking to a couple of family members, we figured it out.  I will often wake up in the middle of the night with a great revelation.  The last revelation I had wasn’t for something important by any means but it helped me sleep better once my mind conjured up the answer.  I recognized the voice of a cartoon character and couldn’t figure out where I had heard it before.  About 3 in the morning, I woke up out of a dead sleep with the answer.  I believe we all have that urgency to figure out the unknown and that sometimes will hinder us from fully believing in God.  We want to know and if we can’t figure it out it drives us crazy.  We aren’t meant to fully know and understand everything God does because He wants us to have faith.  It’s easy to see and believe but it takes more effort to trust when your eyes can’t take it in.  It’s said that curiosity killed the cat.  If we get so curious that we just can’t let go of the fact we can’t know everything and refuse to fully believe because of that, our curiosity will only bring us death.
1 Corinthians 2:6 “God's wisdom is something mysterious that goes deep into the interior of his purposes. You don't find it lying around on the surface.”

No comments:

Post a Comment