Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Past is Gone


Philippians 3:13 “No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead…”

I have a few pet peeves just like everyone.  One of my biggest is not being able to fix something.  When there’s something that has happened in my life that I can’t change, it drives me up a wall.  I want to make it like it never happened.  I work at a college advising students.  Recently I got a new student who I was guiding in the college process.  I forgot to mention a crucial step to them and had no way to get a hold of them to let them know.  It plagued my brain for days until that student finally came back in for more help.  Through many hard lessons I’ve learned once things are done, they’re done.  You can’t go back and change them, but there is one thing you can make an effort to change…your future.  Instead of spending another second on what is impossible spend it on what is possible.  Why waste a blessed minute God has given you on something that is only going to drag you down?  NOT WORTH IT!  Yes, it stinks that you made bad decisions or bad things happened but the only thing that can help those fade away are the decisions you make in the time following.  

Isaiah 43:18 “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history.”

No comments:

Post a Comment