Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In the Land Where Time Doesn't Exist

2 Peter 3:8 “Don't overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day.”
Ah yes, the land where time doesn’t exist.  I feel as if this “land” could be my workplace some days.  Yesterday we were so busy I had sticky notes lining up on my desk like an army of ants.  The poor work-study was getting overwhelmed trying to organize the flow coming into my office.  Nobody realizes the time flying by and nobody cares for that matter.  I’ve always tried to figure out how that would feel every day, not caring about the time because you’re so absorbed in what you’re doing.  To God, a thousand years is like a day and a day is like a thousand years.  I can imagine how heaven will be, all of us praising God with all our might, time a thing of the past and the world we left behind.  God is not of the world and once we make it to heaven, we won’t be either.  Time will no longer matter because all of our focus will be on God in all of His shining glory. 
Revelation 7:9 “I looked again. I saw a huge crowd, too huge to count. Everyone was there—all nations and tribes, all races and languages. And they were standing, dressed in white robes and waving palm branches, standing before the throne and the Lamb and heartily singing: Salvation to our God on his throne! Salvation to the Lamb!”

No comments:

Post a Comment