Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Uneven Friends

Proverbs 18:24 “There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.”
I always end up putting things into levels or stages.  For example, with the people I know, I put them in levels of how close I am to them.  My levels basically go acquaintances, friends, good friends, and best friends.  Acquaintances are people I recognize enough to be able to say hello to.  Friends are the people I can stop and chat to but only discuss basic things with such as weather.  Good friends are the people I’ve known for a while and hang out with here and there.  Best friends are the people I can tell anything and trust with anything.  I’m not one to have more than one best friend at a time.  This is, of course, not counting my mom.  A best friend is an important responsibility.  They influence you and you influence them.  You encourage them and they encourage you.  It’s a support system, like adding a sibling to the family.  If you have a friend that’s not on the same level with you, things could get rocky. I am a very busy woman, I admit it.  I am constantly on the go and don’t often have time to go out and do anything.  I’m also very adamant about my faith which leads into me being careful of the movies I watch, the music I listen to, the places I go, and the holidays I celebrate.  I have a best friend who is the same way.  We both are on the same level and understand each other’s ambitions and beliefs.  We keep each other accountable and encouraged.  If we weren’t on the same level it would be hard for us to understand each other and to know when to keep each other accountable.  It would be hard to influence one another in the right way if our beliefs didn’t match up.  It would be a tipsy support system.  Any relationship you have in your life can influence you, make sure that that influence matches the convictions God has laid on your heart.
Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment