Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Tree and a Shin Bone

Psalm 37:4 “Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Winter is currently starting to slowly sneak up on us.  Personally, fall is my favorite season but as a child winter was by far my favorite.  What child doesn’t love it?  You can get out of school, play all day, and it’s ok!  The adults encourage it and for a bit all reality can fade away for a winter wonderland to take its place.  We used to have a very large hill where I lived as a child.  My sisters and I would go to the very top of it and take off on our sleds.  We would get up to insane speeds, so fast that it has caused permanent injuries.  For example, my twin started going so fast that she couldn’t stop and her sled went crooked.  She ended up slamming into a tree and permanently denting her shin bone.  Sometimes in life we take off on these little adventures and before we know it, they’re spinning out of control and we end up with permanent damage.  Adventures can be amazing and full of memories, just make sure these adventures are what God wants because if not, you’re taking off down a steep hill without someone to steer.  

Psalm 119:16 “I relish everything you’ve told me of life, I won’t forget a word of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment