Sunday, October 9, 2011

Good and Bad, Back and Forth


Ecclesiastes 3:1 “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”

I know I’ve mentioned this before but I absolutely love fall.  In my opinion it’s the perfect weather and for whatever reason I feel it’s a relaxing season and has a way of calming the nerves.  Not to mention, they come out with all those cozy scents for candles, perfumes, lotions, and room spray.  It just so happens my favorite scent, which ties for first place with another scent, is pumpkin spice.  As soon as October hits that’s when I can purchase it…and that makes me very happy.  Each season produces its own special pros and cons, isn’t it only logical that seasons we go through in life do the same?  Everything we go through in life whether good or bad is part of a different season.  We may go through a dry season where we learn endurance but feel alone, or a very joyful season where everything is growing and filling our happy bubble to the brim but we lose sight of who brought that joy.  Yes, every season has its pros and cons, even the happy ones.  When winter is coming we prepare for both the good and bad it brings.  We buy warm clothes so we can play out in the snow and we buy window scrapers to clean the ice off our windshield so we can see to drive.  In every season we prepare ourselves for both the good and bad, so yet again, isn’t it only fitting that we prepare for both the good and bad in our lives?  We’re always worried and waiting for negative junk to come along and we try to prepare for its effects.  When was the last time you expected something good to happen and prepared for its effects?  

Psalm 5:3 “In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment