Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Got it?

Galatians 3:3 “Are you going to continue this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren't smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you suppose you could perfect it?”


Ok, I’m queen of thinking I’ve got something down until I try it and realize I don’t have it…at all.  For example, a while back my mom was trying to show me how to correctly flip an omelet.  We did it over the sink just in case.  My mom did it perfectly and the omelet looked awesome.  She asked if I wanted to try it and I replied, “Heck yes, I’ve got this, looks easy.”  I flipped that omelet like a pro, so I thought.  Even though I did it over the sink it ended up on the floor and all over the counter.  What’s even funnier is my mom, who we all thought had it down perfectly, did the same thing I did with the next omelet.  A lot of times we will do this with God.  He will get us to a certain point in life and we tell Him, “Ok God, I’ve got it from here.”  We try to push off and do it on our own because we think we’re stable enough to.  Quickly we find out it’s impossible to take on life by ourselves and we’re back asking God for help.  We can’t do it better than God can.  He created the path and can travel it better than anyone, even those who have traveled it their whole lives.  The next time you think you have it, think about the mess the omelet made and realize you can make a sloppy mess of your life.


Isaiah 26:7 “The path of right-living people is level. The Leveler evens the road for the right-living. We're in no hurry, God. We're content to linger in the path sign-posted with your decisions. Who you are and what you've done are all we'll ever want.”

No comments:

Post a Comment