Saturday, September 17, 2011

Being Ungrateful


Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

I hate those moments when you feel you have a right to be cross about something and then you realize afterwards you were being ungrateful and you looked like a cranky, awful person.  Sometimes we get caught up in assumptions that fuel false emotions.  A lot of times these are fueled from past events and interactions in our lives.  My older sister and I haven’t always had the best relationship but in the last year we have gotten a lot closer and made it through our differences.  Because of the past we both get easily defensive with each other still.  She may say something nice to me that she used to say sarcastically in the past and I will automatically assume the worst and get short.  This will bleed over into other people in your life.  You may have friends who have never done you wrong but because of issues with other people you might end up treating them like they have.  God calls us to always think the best of people and let go of bitterness and the past.  He tells us to forgive and forgive and forgive, as many times as it takes.  He forgave us even while we were still treating Him like the dirt He created.  Don’t let bad interactions paint the picture for your future interactions.  I let what happened between my sister and I paint how the rest of our lives together were going to be.  It’s not like that and doesn’t have to be like that.  Forgive and forget.  Let God paint your future so that all human emotions can’t act like paint thinner and dilute the vibrant colors God has painted in your life. 

Matthew 18:21-22 “Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me?  Up to seven times?  Jesus answered, I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”

No comments:

Post a Comment