Monday, September 12, 2011

Plans


Proverbs 16:9 “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.”

I work with a woman who has been friends with me since I was very young.  We grew up down the road from each other and now get to be in each other’s life for a new stage.  We reminisce of old times and all the plans we used to have growing up and how those plans changed.  When we were about 10 or 11 years old we would talk about owning some sort of restaurant together.  Of course our plans have changed now that we’re older but we still continue to share in the dreams and plans we would like to accomplish in our coming years.  We as humans always have many ideas and things we would like to do in life.  We always want to do grand and amazing things that we find to be important.  Our plans change through life as our hearts and thought processes change.  No matter how much we change, God’s plan for us stays the same.  Going into college I wanted to either be a photographer or a physical therapist.  Halfway through my first semester God changed that up on me completely and I became an English major.  It’s wonderful to have your own plans and dreams but don’t get too stuck on them because God’s dream for you may be different and He could change it all up in an instant.  

Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment