Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mo Money Mo Problems


Ecclesiastes 5:10 “Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.”

I’m a tightwad, I admit it.  I will hesitate to pay a $1 for something I’m not sure I’ll wear or use.  If I feel I don’t have enough money in my bank account I get stressed, because of this I’ve really had to let God work in me.  Not too long ago I had a super long day.  I needed to make a transfer that day so my account wouldn’t bounce and charge me $30 which I feel is a total waste of money.  Well, I got so busy I spaced until about 11 pm that night and my mom let me know she saw it but it was too late to save it.  The whole next day I was in such a foul mood because I just wasted $30 due to my scatterbrained ways.  In the long run, there was nothing I could do to change that and God still provided plenty of money to cover everything I needed.  Money has a good way of getting to all of us, one way or another.  Whether we have a lot or a little, we always are unhappy about the amount we have.  We need to stop putting so much faith into those dollar bills and what they can do for us and start putting faith into God and what He can do for us.  

Hebrews 13:5 “Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have.”

No comments:

Post a Comment