Sunday, September 25, 2011

Time Well Spent

Ephesians 5:15-16 “Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.”


A friend and I were talking about how quickly we could get ready and how we were too busy to try and take an hour to fix our hair.  This made me stop and think, even though I wasn’t taking a lot of time on getting ready for the day, what else was I spending too much time on, being a bad steward of the time God gave me?  We all have our own priorities and the things we find important.  I worked with a girl who would get up two hours early and be very meticulous about putting on her makeup and such.  I on the other hand get up 15 minutes before I should be leaving the house.  I love TV and will end every day with it, a lot of people don’t really care for TV or will spend much time on it.  Like I said, everyone has their priorities, which then leads us to the point that all of us have something different we need to sacrifice a bit of time on for God.  Do you spend a lot of time hanging with friends or playing games before you’ve spent time with God for the day?  Find out where your priorities lie and if need be, rearrange them to put God at the top.


Matthew 22:37-38 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the first and greatest commandment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment