Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Whiteout

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new.”

I love whiteout.  When you work at a job that involves a lot of paperwork, you really start to rely on it.  If I didn’t have whiteout, I would be redoing many papers in a day.  I will get in a hurry and my hand will write the opposite of what I was thinking.  It’s like running and your feet aren’t keeping up with your energy and you almost biff it.  It’s nice to have something than can just blot out any mistakes you make.  Especially in dealing with decisions we make in life.  Sometimes we will make a decision and then realize it was a terrible one and we want to say, “Oops, wrong one.  Let’s go back and try that ooooone more time.”  With God we can start new.  It doesn’t matter what mistake(s) we’ve made, He’s right there with the whiteout saying, “Let me take care of that for you.”  He blots the sin from our life and gives us another chance.  I’ve had one of those times where I wrote the wrong thing and was in such a hurry that I ended up writing the wrong thing three times in a row.  That day the bottle of whiteout got its money’s worth.  No matter how many times we mess up God is there to keep cleaning us up.
Psalm 103:12 “And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins.”


No comments:

Post a Comment