Sunday, November 6, 2011

Venting

1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”


I have my moments where I like to vent.  I know all of us have those moments.  I have a friend that will ask me how I’m doing and I’ll just go off on some venting rant about frustrations that had accumulated through the day.  He will wait for me to finish spilling and then ask if I feel better.  Of course, I feel much better.  Sometimes people will think you’re getting upset at them when you start venting or they will be at that “too full” point and not be able to handle your venting.  God is there to listen to everything we have on our mind.  He knows our hearts and won’t take what you’re saying the wrong way.  He will know exactly what you need before you even ask.  He’s that fairytale best friend that we always dream of.  I have a best friend right now who knows that I forget a lot of stuff when I have a busy day.  I mainly forget to eat and drink.  We went on a 2-day road trip recently and she knew I had been really busy trying to get caught up to leave right after work the day we were supposed to leave.  Everything I had forgotten she had already thought of and had me covered.  I just stared at her, she was too good.  God has us covered even better than our best friends who know us so well.  He wants you to share your day with Him.  He wants to be your best friend.


2 Corinthians 1:3 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.”

1 comment: