Monday, November 21, 2011

Looking in a Mirror

2 Corinthians 13:5 “Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups.”


When I was younger, I used to mouth back to my parents like no tomorrow.  My sisters and I were all bull-headed.  One day, my sisters and I were at the store with our mom.  There was a little girl who was about two years younger than all of us just mouthing her mom the whole way down the aisle we were in.  My mouth dropped open and I couldn’t believe how the girl was acting.  I was like, “Mom, did you just see that?”  She looked at me and replied, “It’s not so pretty when someone else is doing it, huh?”  How many times are we appalled at the actions of others when we ourselves do the same things?  We need to daily examine ourselves for anything that doesn’t line up with God.  Often times we will find things we never realized about ourselves.  We can never be perfect, which leaves room for improvement every day.  When I saw that girl acting the way she was, I felt as if I were looking in a mirror and it wasn’t a reflection of a Godly young lady.  Look at yourself and be honest and say, “Am I reflecting what God created me for?”


Galatians 6:3-5 “For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.  But each one must examine his own work, and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard to another.  For each one will bear his own load.”

No comments:

Post a Comment