Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hurry Tripping

Ephesians 6:12 “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
I have these dressy snow boots I like to wear when the weather is starting to get icky.  They get heavy after a while and it isn’t long into the day when I start forgetting to fully pick up my feet to take a step.  I often look like I’m tripping over some invisible object although it’s really my foot catching on the floor.  Don’t you hate that?  You’re trying to walk through the office professionally and all of a sudden you’re tripping over your own feet like a clumsy clod.  Composing yourself to make it look like nothing happened is out of the question.  Even without my big boots I trip over thin air, it seems.  I never fall, praise God, but I do get to look silly quite often.  I tripped again today in the office for no reason and scolded myself for being clumsy.  As I continued my work I realized that God was allowing me to see what He wanted me to speak for today.  There is a war that is waged for our soul every second we’re alive.  It’s what we can’t see that matters the most.  What we can’t see can trip us up worse than any object that can be seen.  It’s easy to avoid what’s standing out in front of us.  If you can’t see something so that you have the knowledge to avoid it, then you’re most likely going to trip right over it and go sprawling.  God has given us the knowledge that junk is there so that we don’t trip.  Have you ever played the game where one person was blindfolded and another person who was able to see, guided the one who couldn’t see around obstacles?  If the one who couldn’t see didn’t listen to the one who could see, they would fall, run into something, or maybe even step in something such as poop.  We need to listen to what God is telling us and not be caught off guard by what we can’t see.  That is, unless you like your shoes covered in poop.    
Proverbs 4:20 “Dear friend, listen well to my words; tune your ears to my voice.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment