Friday, November 11, 2011

Fibbing

Psalm 139:1-2 “God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand.  I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.”
Children always seem to give the best examples when it comes to learning life lessons because they’re still in the process of learning the basics.  In my group of kids from the YMCA, I had one little boy that had to tell us what color code he got for his behavior in class each day he came in.  We knew his teacher and were allowed to go in and check his color code in the classroom because our program was after school.  We wanted him to tell us and be honest about it though.  So we would give him a chance to tell us first.  He would try and lie about his color code and it was always easy to tell when He was lying.  He knew we checked the color code after he told us so there was no point in lying but he would still try.  One day, his teacher told us what color he had before he came in.  We asked him what his color was, as usual.  Nonchalantly, he replied with the wrong one.  My coworker and I looked at each other and told him he needed to try again.  He lied again.  I got down to his level and told him his teacher already told us his color for the day.  I asked him to try one more time.  He still lied!  He knew I knew he was lying and he was so stubborn that he wouldn’t give it up.  We find it ridiculous that children will attempt to still lie when they know it’s hopeless.  God knows our thoughts and yet we still try to lie to Him or make something out to be different than it really is.  He’s God!  Do we really think we’re going to slip something by Him? 
Proverbs 12:22 “The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment