Thursday, August 18, 2011

Winding Ants


1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”


I help run a youth outreach.  We have services every Wednesday and Sunday night but through the week we will have random events, especially when school is out.  Recently, my dad and I stopped by the youth building to make sure it was cleaned up for that night’s event.  When we walked in, he headed to turn on the air while I headed to the kitchen.  I turned on the light and instantly my mouth dropped open.  There in front of me was a winding line of ants leading all the way from the back of the kitchen and out its front door.  I called my dad in to look and he followed the line only to find out it lead all the way through the building.  I grabbed the bug spray and started spraying the heck out of this line of ants.  The whole time I was spraying I was apologizing to these ants for killing them, telling them I had no choice.  Sometimes in life we feel we have no choice in a matter.  There’s nothing we can do so we feel we have to act on the only option that presents itself.  Sometimes this option is perfectly fine while other times this option can be detrimental or terrible.  The option of killing the ants was fine.  Unless we tried to catch every single one of those millions of ants there was no other way to get them out of the building.  Now, if I were dealing with killing a person, this is a different matter.  There would be other means to getting the person out of the building without poisoning them to death.  Anyways, my point is, when you’re faced with a tough decision don’t automatically think you have to do anything.  God always gives us a way out and if the only option that presents itself doesn’t line up with what God’s word says, then you know that’s not the way out He’s providing.  Don’t be blinded by your circumstances because you might eventually run into a wall.


Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.”

No comments:

Post a Comment