Thursday, August 25, 2011

Headlights

Job 12:13 “True wisdom and real power belong to God; from Him we learn how to live, and also what to live for.”
I worked 14 hours yesterday.  My job involves staring at a computer screen checking and re-checking student information.  My eyes felt like they could barely blink they were so dry.  I was on my way home around ten at night and realized that the headlights of other cars were making my eyes in worse condition than they already were.  I was seeing shapes and colors while braking at random times thinking I saw an animal in front of my car.  Of course, it was just my eyes playing tricks on me and I was glad nobody else was in the car because I felt pretty ridiculous.  In life we sometimes think we have it all figured out when really we’re seeing shapes and colors of things that don’t exist.  We’re fooled by the thoughts from our own petty, human knowledge and understanding.  When God’s understanding comes in it feels like our feet have been taken out from under us and we’re lying on our backs looking up- stunned.  We figure out that we’ve been seeing mirages and living a life with knowledge when really we needed it to be wisdom.  God offers us such a beautiful opportunity of truth and in turn our eyes are opened to a beautiful, clear world. 
Isaiah 55:9 “For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.”


No comments:

Post a Comment