Monday, August 22, 2011

Sick and Sleepy


Hebrews 9:15 “Through the Spirit, Christ offered Himself as an unblemished sacrifice, freeing us from all those dead-end efforts to make ourselves respectable, so that we can live all out for God.

I’ve been sick for a couple of days and just haven’t had any energy to do anything.  We had church yesterday which involved a lot of sound system setup and a bit of cleaning.  By the time service rolled around I was exhausted.  The praise band got up and did some worship and I sat in my seat as they started to sing.  I wasn’t really paying attention because all I could think about was sleep.  Then God started knocking at my heart.  If I could give energy to setting up the sound system I could give energy to stand up and give Him praise for 15 minutes.  When none of us deserved it, Jesus gave us every bit of effort by dying on the cross.  We had no reason to receive that effort except for the simple fact that God loved us dearly and was willing to give it.  God has every reason to receive every bit of effort we can muster and yet it seems we’re only willing to give it until a certain point.  We must push past the point of our limits and keep giving until we reach God’s limits.  

1 Corinthians 15:58 “With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground.  And don’t hold back.  Throw yourselves in the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for Him is a waste of time or effort.”

2 comments:

  1. i wish that i had internet at home so i could see these daily! how about send it to my phone?! what you are doing is amazing shannon and God is really using you to talk to people! i love you girl... God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can sign up for them to be emailed to you so every time I post they will go straight to your email. <3

      Delete