Monday, August 29, 2011

Doing for God


Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”

Yesterday I woke up needing a nap.  There was a lot of work to be done and I just hadn’t gotten enough sleep to try and tackle it, but I did anyways.  Closer to the end of the day, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing our youth center’s floor.  I was very tired and sore, so being on the floor wasn’t helping the day any.  In my process of crawling under a table to scrub the floor beneath it, I thought to myself, “These kids better be thankful I’m doing this so they don’t have to, they make such big messes.”  Just half an hour later, during the lesson, God came knocking at my heart like He usually does when I need correcting.  He spoke and said, “You’re not doing it for them, you’re doing it for me.”  We get so hung up on making sure people appreciate all we do or getting praise from them that we miss that it’s not for them it’s for God!  Everything we do should be for Him and we should give 110% in any task.  If you were before the throne of Christ, scrubbing the floor, I believe the attitude would be a complete 180 from the one I had.  As hard as it seems that’s how it should be no matter what we’re doing or where we’re at.  It doesn’t matter if the people around you are thankful, God is thankful for what you do so do it for Him and no one else.  

1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment