Thursday, December 8, 2011

Don't Move!


Psalm 62:1 “God, the one and only-I’ll wait as long as He says.  Everything I need comes from Him, so why not?”

Today I was pretty antsy.  God hadn’t given me a devotion to post for the past couple of days.  At first, I was worried it was me just not listening or paying close enough attention.  I thought I may just be missing what God wanted me to speak.  I felt a responsibility to post at least something for each day instead of nothing.  Instead, I waited.  Today, God spoke to me and it made the past few days make sense.  A lot of times we get impatient while waiting on God to move.  Instead of being patient, we will go ahead and do what we feel is the right action to take.  Ah, this is when we shouldn’t be surprised that it didn’t work out like we had hoped.  Wait for God to move.  Let Him tell you what the next step is.  Don’t let the way you think it needs to happen, interfere with the way God knows it needs to happen.

Lamentations 3:25 “God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment