Friday, December 2, 2011

'Cuz I Want To!


Job 27:6 “I’m holding fast to my integrity and not loosening my grip-and, believe me, I’ll never regret it.”

Have you ever wanted to do something without cause?  Just do it because you wanted to or felt like it?  We all have!  Most of us haven’t just hoped we could do it, we’ve just done it.  My little niece will look at you when she knows she’s not supposed to be playing with something.  You’ll look at her and raise your eyebrow and she’ll grab the item and try to run away with it as fast as her little legs will allow.  She didn’t care about anything else other than what she would like to do.  In doing the right thing, we should do it not just because it’s the right thing to do but because we want to do it.  God sees the intent of our hearts.  We shouldn’t feel forced into doing the right thing.  Doing the right thing should be natural and something we don’t have to stop and decide on doing.  Of course, there will be certain times where we’re faced with trying to figure out what the right thing is, but God will always make that clear in His time.  In the mean time, when you’re faced with an apparent right or wrong decision, don’t choose to do the right one if you’re just going to be bitter over having to do it.  It’s pointless, you should have just gone with the wrong decision.  Choose the right decision with a glad heart, with a willing heart.   

1 Chronicles 29:17 “I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity.  All these things I have given willingly and with honest intent.  And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment