Monday, July 11, 2016

Cast Your Net

"He said, 'Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.' When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish." ~ John 21:6 NIV

So, it’s been a while since I’ve posted on my blog. Funny thing is, I work for other bloggers but their blogging is quite a bit different than mine. I guess I could say that I’m still old school and only like to use my blog for my thoughts. They’ve moved on to modern times and use their blogs for more useful purposes. For now, I’m just going to yack away because the Lord knows I’m good at yacking. Anyways, since I’ve been working as a virtual assistant, I’ve had to learn a completely different method to finding work. You have to offer a topic and a service and hope the right person sees it and jumps on it. Other times, you could post and it’s like crickets, if there could be crickets on Facebook. My husband decided to get involved with my little business and add in his expertise which allowed us to up our money goal for the month. Our game was strong, let me tell you. However, one month it will be awesome and then the next month it will be extremely difficult to reach our goals. We recently had one of those months and I wasn’t sure what to do. One night, I felt God speaking to me about posting and offering a specific topic in the form of how-to articles. This hadn’t worked in the past so I really didn’t want to waste my time. God spoke to my heart and said, “Cast your net, trust me.” So…. I did. Holy grapes, you guys, it worked! Imagine that. I had a blogger who was ecstatic about it within minutes and we ended up earning hundreds of dollars off the deal. I’m not the only one this can happen to and God doesn’t stop at blogging articles. Our God is so big that He can provide for us if we just trust Him to. We have to listen and do our part and He will provide in His time. We did more than meet our goal that month and every month since then. I cannot tell you what a blessing it is to feel God’s provision in my life. Just knowing that if I do my best and listen, I have nothing to worry about. For the first time in my life, I am not worried about money. We’re not rich but we’re definitely not poor and I have God to thank for every little bit of it. Don’t be afraid to cast your nets, guys!

"Then Jesus declared, 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.'" ~ John 6:35

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. Thank you for sharing and for your inspiration! Keep up the good work and keep trusting!

    ReplyDelete